The Bylaws of the Pinellas County Homeless Leadership Board
Article I: Name
Name: The name of this organization is the Pinellas County Homeless Leadership Board hereinafter referred to as the “HLB”.
Article II: Mission
Mission: The Mission of the HLB is to be THE leadership organization in ending homelessness in Pinellas County.
Article III: Board of Directors
CLICK HERE FOR FULL BYLAWS
The Charter of the Pinellas County Homeless Leadership Board
Pinellas County Continuum of Care FL-502
The Pinellas County Continuum of Care FL-502 Governing Body (generally referenced in
this document as "Homeless Leadership Board, or HLB") is the group composed of
representatives of relevant organizations that are organized to plan for and provide, as
necessary, a system of service delivery, outreach, engagement, assessment; emergency
shelter; rapid re-housing; transitional and permanent housing; and prevention strategies to
address the various needs of homeless or at risk of homelessness persons for this specific
geographic area (Pinellas County). This group serves as the U. S. Department of Housing
and Urban Development's (HUD's) recognized decision making body for the Continuum
rule at 24 CFR 578, Subpart B, entitled "Establishing and Operating a Continuum of Care" [578.5(a)].
CLICK HERE FOR FULL CHARTER
Sunshine Law Update
HLB Sunshine Law Update 2014
I. Sunshine Law Requirements
A. What is the Scope of the Sunshine Law
- The Sunshine Law applies to any gathering of two or more members of the same Board; to discuss some matter that will foreseeably come before that Board for action. F.S. 286.011.
- All meeting of the Board must be open to the public.
- Reasonable notice must be provided as to the time and place of the meetings.
- Minutes of the meetings must be taken.
B. Who Must Comply with the Sunshine Rules
- Any Board or Commission of any state, county, city, or other political subdivision of the state must comply.
- A Board includes public or private organizations created by a public entity or delegated to perform a government function or plays an important part in a public entities decision making